Chain E-mails

Ever received E-mails containing a story about a couple of lovers and their supposed tragic demise or some 'scary' ghost story and at the end of the e-mail there is a line saying forward the frickin' e-mail or something bad is gonna happen to you or your family? Well, I know I have. To me this sort of mail is seriously annoying. I am quite superstitious thanks to my upbringing so in the past, I would believe in the threat and forward the message thinking "hey, better safe than sorry. Its just a few e-mails anyways" . But after a while, I get sick of those mails and don't even bother trying to forward those mail. Why? Simple, it is irritating having to forward such BS to like twenty people just because some a**hole decide its fun to play people's fear of the unknown so nowadays I just delete any mail that even hints that it is a lousy chain mail.
This phenomenon of sending and receiving anonymous letters (electronic or not) saying bad things will happen to you if it is not forwarded is not something new. It predates the Internet by hell lot. Don't believe me? Go ask your parents whether they ever heard of people sending and receiving during their time. You are likely to get a positive answer, if not go check out websites such as wikipedia and bet'cha gonna find what I've said is true. Some may think that, I'm making a fuss over nothing. Maybe I am, but I don't care as long as I get my opinions out. Those who think I am making a fuss over nothing, have you ever consider what effects do these chain e-mails have on a person's psyche. You and I may just shrug it off as nothing more than a nuisance or a sick joke but there are people who are extremely superstitious or gullible that they actually believe it and does exactly what the mail says.

Not every superstitious fellow out there will wise up like I did and stop believing in such crap instead they may end up forwarding every single chain mail they receive until they become fed up and terminate their E-mail addresses or worse themselves (I know its a little far fetched but improbable is not the same as impossible).

If you are someone like that,please believe me when I say that chain e-mails are nothing more than normal though irritating e-mails and if you receive one, just ignore it. If you hear any sort of rumour about someone's misfortune because of his neglect to forward a chain mail also ignore it. Rumours are rarely true and even if it is, it very likely has been bend and warped to make it sound more interesting. Even if that rumour is 100% true that someone experienced some misfortune and that he did not forward a chain mail, it cannot be concluded that his misfortune is caused by that chain mail. Why? Simply because there are plenty of people that don't give a horse's rear about chain mails and yet they thrive and are very successful.

On the other hand, if you're thinking of starting a brand new chain of such e-mails, consider first how would you feel if you were to receive some death threat from someone whom you don't even know. Well, that feeling is more or less how a person who receive a chain e-mail will feel. If you simply don't care and still send that mail you're a true blue a**hole that should have your own life f**ked up a bit just so you would know the feeling of what you say would happen in your little prank.

No comments: